April 3, 2015
Serving Size: 4
Ingredients: Viennese pudding:
1/4 cup (4 Tbls) 50 g caster sugar (superfine granulated)
scant 1/2 (us) cup (100 ml) water
300 ml milk
4 pieces plain cake or individual trifle sponges (5 X 7cm approx)
25 g (1 oz) cut mixed peel
1/8 cup (25 g) 1 oz blanched almonds
2 tsp grated lemon rind
1/3 cup (50 g) sultanas (golden raisins)
2 tbls (25 g) caster sugar (superfine granulated)
2 eggs 2 tbsp medium-sweet sherry (optional)
fat for greasing
Directions: Viennese pudding
Heat together the granulated sugar and water, stirring until the sugar dissolves completely.
Bring to the boil, and boil without stirring until the syrup turns golden brown. Do not let it turn dark brown or it will have a bitter taste.
Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Add the milk quickly.
Re-heat gently, stirring until the caramel has dissolved in the milk. Cool.
Cut the cake into 1 cm dice.
Chop the peel a little more finely.
Shred or chop the almonds. Brown them slightly in a cool oven, if liked.
Put the cake, peel, almonds, lemon rind, sultanas, and sugar into a bowl.
Beat the eggs until liquid and add the sherry, if used.
Mix in the caramel and milk mixture, and strain it over the cake mixture.
Leave to stand for 1 hour.
Stir, and pour into a greased 750 ml basin.
Cover with greased foil or greaseproof paper and steam gently for 1 – 1 1/4- hours.
Remove the cooked pudding from the steamer, leave to stand for a few minutes, then turn out on to a warmed plate.
Serve with cream.
Related recipes you might be interested Tangy Pudding Ingredients for Tangy Pudding
Milk : Half Litre
eggs : 3
sugar : 12 tablespoon
condensed milk : Half cup
Ingredients for Tangy Sauce
4 tea spoons tang powder
2 table […] Dundee Cake Serving size: 16
100g blanched almonds
180g unsalted butter, at room temperature
180g light muscovado sugar
zest 1 large orange
3 tbsp apricot […] Vattayappam
Serving Size: 2-4
Rice powder (Using for APPAM) -2 cup
Rava -2 Big Spoon
Yeast -1 tsp
Sugar -1 tsp
Water -3 tbs
Coconut water -from 1 […] Coconut Caramel Pudding Serving size: 4
1. 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) coconut milk
2. 3 eggs
3. 3 tablespoons (45 ml) cornstarch
4. 1 tablespoon (15 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
5. 1 pinch […] Fish Pulav Ingredients:
For Fish preparation:
Half kg boneless fish pieces
Half teaspoon turmeric
One teaspoon chilly powder
One inch long cinnamon
One inch long […] Duck Roast ( Kerala Kuttanandan style ) Serves: 4-5
Duck - ½ kg (after cleaning)
Shallots (small onion) - ¼ cup, chopped
Ginger & garlic - 1 - 1.5 tsp, chopped
Chilly powder - 1-1.5 tsp
Coriander powder […] Dark Chocolate and Cashew Cupcakes Serving size: 8-10
For the cashew cream:
80g icing sugar
200ml double cream
For the cake:
40g butter, […] Coconut Snow Cake Serving size: 15
1. 10 large free-range egg whites
2. Zest of 1 lemon
3. Zest of 1 orange
4. 1 tbsp lemon juice
5. 1 tsp cream of tartar
6. ½ tsp salt
7. 200g […] Coffee Praline Ice Cream Serving Size of Coffee Praline Ice Cream recipe: 4
Ingredients to prepare Coffee Praline Ice Cream
1. 450ml whole milk
2. 6 tbsp ground, dark-roasted coffee
3. 5 egg yolks
4. 115g […] Momos or Dumplings recipe Momos are a type of Dumpling believed to be originated in Nepal. Similar dishes are made in different parts of the world with different names. In China they call it as baozi and jiaozi, […] Mutton Yakhni Pulao The Yakhni of Yakhni Pulao is the mutton broth made of yoghurt and saffron. Yakhni pulao is belive to be originates in Persia. This is belived to brought to india during the reign of […] Queen of Puddings Serving Size: 4-6
Rind of 1 Lemon
2 Large Eggs (separated)
2 Tablespoons […]