Vankaya Pappu Kura (Brinjal Red Gram Curry)
May 26, 2015
Serving size of Vankaya Pappu Kura: 3
Ingredients for Vankaya pappu kura
Red gram – ¼ kg
Brinjal – 4
Onion – 1
Green Chilli – 4
Garlic – 4/5 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 – 4 tbsp
Red dry chili – 2 – 4 nos
Directions for making vankaya pappu kura
- To prepare tasty vankaya pappu kura, you require brinjal, red grams, onion and green chili.
- After you have required vegetables, wash the red grams and soak them in water.
- Then wash the brinjal, onion, green chili and cut those into pieces.
- After soaking the red grams, pour more than double the amount of water to the quantity of red grams and boil them for about 20 minutes.
- Add the cut brinjal, onion into the red grams and let it boil for some time.
- Then add required amount of salt and red chili powder into the boiled red grams, and brinjal and mix it.
- Then take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put green chili, some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses, dry red chili, turmeric powder and let them fry for half a minute.
- Now, add the boiled red gram and brinjal mixture into the oil and mix it properly.
- The easy to prepare Vankaya pappu kura is ready to be served.
Notes: Vankaya pappu kura is served with rice during lunch or dinner. It can also be taken with chapati. One important thing to keep in mind is, after the brinjal is cut you should put the pieces into salt water if you are not cooking them immediately.
About: Red grams are rich in proteins and brinjal has many health benefits such as controlling blood fat and also is low in calorie content.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course