Vadiyala Pulusu (Ash Gourd Fryums Stew)
October 15, 2015
Serving size of Vadiyala pulusu :4
Ingredients required to prepare Vadiyala pulusu :
Fried urad dal vadiyams – 1 cup
Onion – 1
Tamarind – 30 gms
Water – 2 cups
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
Mustard – 1 tbsp
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Pulses (Popuginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
Salt – required amount
Oil – 3 – 4 tbsps
Directions to prepare Vadiyala Pulusu :
- To prepare vadiyala pulusu, gather all the required ingredients and peel the onions and clean them along with green chilies.
- Slice the onions and green chilies into pieces.
- Soak the tamarind for some time in water.
- Take a bowl and add oil to it and let the oil heat.
- Then add the frimes to the oil and fry them until they turn brown.
- Keep them aside and in the same bowl add the mustard, jeera, smashed garlic cloves, dry red chili, curry leaves to the oil and fry for a minute.
- Now add the sliced onions and sliced green chili and fry them for 3 minutes and add the fried frimes to the onions.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Then add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and mix it with onions.
- Add the tamarind extract from soaked tamarind and throw the waste.
- Now pour water into the bowl.
- After that add salt and jaggery or sugar and mix well and let it boil for 10 – 15 minutes.
- At the end add coriander leaves.
- With this your tasty ullipaya pulusu is ready to serve.
Note: Vadiyala pulusu can be consumed in combination with hot rice.
About : Frimes made of ash gourd have nutrients which are good for health.
Related recipes you might be interested