Ullikadala Kura (Spring Onions Curry)
June 20, 2015
Serving size of Ullikadala kura : 4
Ingredients for ullikadala kura
Spring onions – ½ kg
Tomato – 4 medium sized
Green Chilli – 4
Garlic – 4/5 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 – 4 tbsp
Directions for making ullikadala kura
- To prepare ullikadala kura, first you need to gather spring onions, tomato, and green chilli.
- After gathering all the above, wash the spring onions along with tomato, and green chilli.
- Cut the spring onions into small tiny pieces (easy to cook in less time), and then cut the tomatoes, and green chillies also into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses and let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the and green chilli into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the them fry.
- Then add the already cut spring onion pieces and let them cook for ten minutes and add the tomatoes at the end.
- Once the spring onion pieces and tomatoes are done cooking, put required amount of salt, and red chilli powder, and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- The tasty ullikadala kura is ready to be served.
Notes: Ullikadala kura is served with rice during lunch or dinner. You may even add ginger garlic paste while cooking for better taste.
About: Spring onions are good for improving immunity and reduces diseases.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course