April 22, 2015
Serving size of Tomato Kura : 5
Ingredients to prepare Tomato Kura
Tomatoes – ½ kg
Onion – 2
Green Chilli – 5 – 6
Garlic – 4-5 cloves
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Directions for making tomato kura
- The first step in making a tasty tomato curry is to select fresh and healthy country tomatoes.
- Then wash the tomatoes clean following onion and green chilli as well.
- Cut the tomatoes, onions and green chillies into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ½ tbsp of mustard and 1 table spoon of pulses mixture into the heated oil, let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chilli into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color.
- Then put the already cut tomato pieces into the utensil and let it be until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Once the tomatoes are done, add required amount of salt and red chilli powder, ½ table spoon of coriander powder and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Before taking off the stove add some coriander leaves
- The tasty Potato tomato curry is ready to be served hot.
Notes: Tomato curry is served with rice during lunch or dinner and also with chapati.
About : Tomato is actually a fruit from berry family. It contains vitamin C which is very helpful in keeping us healthy. It is used in combination with almost all kinds of vegetables in making curries, pickles and chutneys. But, if consumed in excess amounts, may lead to kidney problems. Tomato is rated as “EXCELLENT” in world’s healthiest foods rating.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course