Tomato Dal Curry
October 10, 2014
Serving size of Tomato Dal Curry : 7
Ingredients to prepare Tomato Dal Curry
- Tomatoes -chopped 4 nos.
- Toor Dal ½ cup
- Small Onion / Shallot 3 nos.
- Chilli Powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder ½ tsp
- Grated Coconut 1 cup
- Green Chillies 3 nos.
- Coconut Oil 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves 2 stalks
Directions to prepare Tomato Dal Curry :
- Cook the dal in a pressure cooker adding enough water.
- Smash it well and add tomatoes,green chillies.
- Mix the chilly powder,turmeric powder and salt.Cook it till done.
- Grind together the coconut and small onion.And pour it to dal mix.
- Allow it to boil.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Pour over it to tomato curry.
- Serve it hot.
Related recipes you might be interested