April 21, 2015
Serving Size of Tomato Chutney: 4
Ingredients for Tomato Chutney
Tomato – ¼ kg
Green Chilli – 5 – 6 chillies
Tamarind – 1 tbsp
Garlic – 4/5 cloves
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Mustard – ½ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Salt – 1 ½ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 small branches
Oil – 1 tbsp
Red chilli – 02
Directions for making Tomato Chutney
- First of all, you need to select the tomatoes which are healthy and fresh (original breed not the hybrid ones), then wash the tomato and green chilli properly.
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces, and fry the green chilli in oil without slicing for half a minute
- After frying the green chilli, put the tomatoes pieces into a utensil and boil
- Once the tomatoes are boiled, put the fried chilli, boiled tomatoes and the tamarind into mixer jar and mix them into paste.
- After mixing, add required amount of salt according to your taste.
- Take a small utensil and put it on the stove, then pour 2 table spoons of oil into that. After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ½ tbsp of mustard, ¼ tbsp of turmeric powder and two dry red chilli. Let them fry for one minute.
- Then put the mixed paste into the oil and mix it.
- Yummy and tasty tomato chutney is ready
Notes: Tomato chutney can be served with rice or it can also be enjoyed with Idly, Dosa, Chapatti etc. Instead of tamarind, you can also try using lemon juice for the taste.
About: Tomato is actually a fruit from berry family. It contains vitamin C which is very helpful in keeping us healthy. It is used in combination with almost all kinds of vegetables in making curries, pickles and chutneys. But, if consumed in excess amounts, may lead to kidney problems. Tomato is rated as “EXCELLENT” in world’s healthiest foods rating.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course