Thotakura Vepudu OR Amaranths Fry
May 10, 2015
Serving size of Thotakura vepudu
Ingredients for Thotakura vepudu
Amaranths – ½ kg
Green Chili – 4
Onion – 1
Garlic – 6 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Dry red chili – 3
Directions for making Thotakura vepudu
- First of all you have to clean the amaranths leaves and wash them in clean water.
- Then select the onion and green chilies and clean them too.
- Cut the amaranths leaves into small pieces and then cut the onion and green chilies also into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 5 – 6 table spoons of oil into it (or enough oil for frying the leaves) and let the oil heat.
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses, dry red chili and let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced green chilli and onions into the already fried mixture in the utensil and fry until the onions are slight red in color, then add ¼ table spoon of turmeric powder.
- After this, add the already cut amaranth leaves and let them fry for five to eight minutes (until the leaves are fried properly).
- Once the leaves are fried properly, put required amount of salt, red chilli powder and ½ table spoon of coriander powder and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it fry for 2 – 3 more minutes.
- The famous and easy to make thotakura vepudu is ready to be served.
Notes: Thotakura vepudu is served with rice during lunch or dinner, popular in combination with rasam.
About: Amaranth is a vegetable which is rich in minerals and vitamins.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course