June 20, 2015
Serving size of Siri kura :5
Ingredients required to prepare siri kura
Siri kura – ½ kg
Onion – 2
Green Chili – 5 – 6
Garlic – 4-5 cloves
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Salt – required amount
Chili powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Coriander leaves – few
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Directions for making Siri kura
- The first step in making siri kura is to select fresh and healthy siri kura
- Then wash the siri kura clean following onion and green chili as well.
- Cut the siri kura leaves, onions and green chilies into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ½ tbsp of mustard and 1 table spoon of pulses mixture into the heated oil, let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chili into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color.
- Then put the already cut siri kura into the utensil and let it be until the leaves are cooked.
- Once the leaves are cooked, add required amount of salt and red chili powder, ½ table spoon of coriander powder and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Before taking off the stove add some coriander leaves
- The siri kura is ready to be served hot.
Notes: Siri kura is served with rice during lunch or dinner and also with chapati. You may even add tomatoes while cooking.
About : Siri kura is rich in vitamins and minerals.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course