Tried and Tested Recipes – Granny's Secret
March 12, 2015
Serving Size: 4
- Two tablespoons of oil
- One onion, chopped finely
- One clove of garlic, chopped finely
- Half a cup of sliced beans
- Half a cup of peas
- One red pepper deseeded and chopped finely
- Half a cup of sweet corn
- One vegetable stock cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 750 ml boiling water
- Half a teaspoon of tumeric – optional
- 400 g long grain rice
- Heat the oil and add the onion. Cook until soft before adding the vegetables, tumeric and garlic.
- Cook for three minutes before adding the rice, stock cube and the boiling water.
- Simmer until the rice is cooked checking that the water does not boil away and the ingredients do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve immediately or leave to get cold and freeze in portions.
- You may need to add more water or less depending on the type of rice used and the amount of vegetables. If you are not used to tumeric try a little to begin with. Tumeric is used for colour as well as its flavour.
Related recipes you might be interested