Tried and Tested Recipes – Granny's Secret
Quick Sardine Tomato Curry
March 11, 2015
Serving Size: 2-4
- Sardines in Tomato Sauce – 1 can (I used Goya brand)
- Sliced Shallots – 2
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves – a sprig
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fish Masala Powder – 1.5 tsp (I used Eastern Fish Masala)
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Saute the shallots and curry leaves for a few minutes.
- Reduce heat and add 1/2 tsp red chilly powder and 1.5 tsp fish masala powder. Saute for a minute.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the pan and mix everything well. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp black pepper powder. Add salt to taste.
- Add the canned sardines gently into the pan. Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve this spicy sardine curry with rice.
Related recipes you might be interested
- Pepper fish or Pepper Sardine or Mathi Kurumulaku Ittathu Serving size of Pepper fish or Pepper Sardine or Mathi Kurumulaku Ittathu : 6
Ingredients to prepare Pepper fish or Pepper Sardine or Mathi Kurumulaku Ittathu
- Pepper Chicken Peppery and nutty with a kick, this curry demonstrates the classic flavour pepper can bring to the dish.
- Chettinad Mutton kuzhambu (Karaikudi Mutton Curry) A classic Chettinadu dish with the richness of the spices, tanginess of tomatoes and sweetness of farmfresh shallots and cinnamon.
- Fish Pie Serving Size: 4-6
7 tbsp milk
4 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
1 egg, lightly beaten
Salt and freshly ground black […]
- Chicken curry Serving size: 4-5
½ kg chicken, washed and cut into medium sized pieces
3 tbsp curds
1 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to suit your spice level)
- Tomato Fish
Serving Size: 4-5
500g haddock fillets (or any firm white fish )
1 large onion
2tsp turmeric powder
1tsp red chili […]
- Tomato Rice Serving Size: 2
3 cups cooked leftover rice
1 med-large Onion
5-6 small-med Tomatoes,
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Bengal Gram (channa dal)
1 tsp split […]
- Cashew Fish Masala Serving size of Cashew Fish Masala :4
Ingredients to prepare Cashew Fish Masala
Fish : half kg
Oil :1 one tablespoon
Ginger paste: one teaspoon
Jeera powder :half […]
- Bafad Masala – Bafat Masala – Mangalorean Spice Mix A Bafad is a hot, tangy Mangalorean curry. Once you make up this basic powder for it, you can use it in several different dishes! Store in a clean, dry air-tight jar/ container in a cool, […]
- Fish Masala Pickle Serving Size: 1 jar
Seer Fish (Neyimeen) - 1/2 kg (chopped and cleaned)
Red Chilly Powder
Gingelly Oil - 4-5 tbl […]
- Mutton Piralen A typical rich Kerala dish with little grevy which everyone loves. A must try Kerala dish.
- Kerela Fish Curry / Meen curry with Kudam puli Serving Size: 3-4
Fish – ½ kg, cut into medium size pieces
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Fenugreek (uluva) – ¼ tsp
Ginger & garlic – 1½ tbsp, crushed into a fine […]