Pesarapappu Vadiyala Kura (A dish using Crispy Fritters and Green Gram)
June 20, 2015
Serving size of Pesarapappu Vadiyala Kura
Ingredients for Pesarapappu vadiyala kura
Pumpkin vadiyalu – 2 cups
Green gram – 1 cup.
Green Chilli – 4
Onion – 2 medium
Garlic – 4/5 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Salt – 1 1/2 tbsp
Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 5 – 6 tbsp
Directions for making pesarapappu vadiyala kura
- To prepare pesarapappu vadiyala kura, first you need to gather pumpkin vadiyalu, green gram, onion and green chilli.
- The first step in making pesarapappu vadiyala kura is to soak the green gram in water (this helps in reducing the time required for the greengram to cook).
- After some time, clean the onion and green chilli too.
- Then cut the onions and green chillies also into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- Fry the pumpkin vadiyalu until they turn brown in color and put them aside.
- Then again, take one more bowl and add 2 tbsp of oil in the bowl and heat it.
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses and let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chilli into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color.
- Then add the fried pumpkin vadiyalu and let them cook for five minutes and add the soaked green gram (you can pour a little bit of water for the mixture to cook properly) .
- Once the pumpkin vadiyalu and green grams are done cooking, put required amount of salt, and 2 tbsps of red chilli powder, and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- The pesarappu vadiyala kura is ready to be served.
Notes: Pesarapappu vadiyala kura is served with rice during lunch or dinner. Vadiyalu made of pumpkin are very famous in Andhra region.
About: Pumpkin is rich in fiber content and green grams are rich in proteins.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course