Palakura Tomato Kura OR Spinach tomato Curry
May 7, 2015
Serving size of Palakura tomato kura (Spinach tomato curry) :4
Ingredients for Palakura tomato kura
Spinach – ½ kg
Tomato – ¼ kg
Green Chilli – 3
Onion – 1 medium
Garlic – 4-5 cloves
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 4 tbsp
Directions for making palakura tomato kura
- The first step in making a yummy palakura tomato curry is to clean the spinach leaves and wash them.
- Then wash the tomatoes, onion and green chilli as well
- Cut the leaves into small pieces (small enough to cook easily), then cut the tomatoes, onions and green chillies into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ½ tbsp of mustard and 1 table spoon of pulses mixture into the heated oil, let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chilli into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color.
- Then put the already cut spinach and let them cook for eight to ten minutes and add the tomatoes at the end.
- Once the spinach and tomatoes are done, add required amount of salt and red chilli powder, ½ table spoon of coriander powder and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- The yummy Palakura tomato curry is ready to be served.
Notes: Palakura tomato curry is served with rice during lunch or dinner and also with chapati.
About : Spinach is a leafy vegetable rich in minerals and vitamins.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course