Palakoora Pappu Kura (Spinach Red Gram Curry)
May 22, 2015
Serving size of palakoora pappu kura: 3
Ingredients for palakoora pappu kura
Red gram – ¼ kg
Spinach – 100 gms
Onion – 1
Green Chilli – 4
Garlic – 4/5 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 – 4 tbsp
Red dry chili
Directions for making palakoora pappu kura
- To prepare palakoora pappu kura, you require spinach, red grams, onion and green chili.
- After you have required vegetables, wash the red grams and soak them in water.
- Then wash the spinach, onion, green chili and cut those into pieces.
- After soaking the red grams, pour more than double the amount of water to the quantity of red grams and boil them for about 20 minutes.
- Add the cut spinach, onion into the red grams and let it boil for some time.
- Then add required amount of salt and red chili powder into the boiled red grams, and spinach and mix it.
- Then take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put green chili, some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses, dry red chili, turmeric powder and let them fry for half a minute.
- Now, add the boiled red gram and spinach mixture into the oil and mix it properly.
- The palakoora pappu kura is ready to be served.
Notes: Palakoora pappu kura is served with rice during lunch or dinner. It can also be taken with chapati.
About: Red grams are rich in proteins and Spinach is a leafy vegetable rich in minerals and vitamins.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course