Nimmakaya Pulihara or Lemon Rice
May 6, 2015
Serving size of nimmakaya pulihara
Ingredients for preparing nimmakaya pulihara
Cooked rice – 4 cups
Lemon – 2 or 3 (according to taste)
Green chili – 5
Dry red chili – 3 or 4
Groundnuts – 2 tbsp
Mustard – ½ tbsp
Pulses (Popuginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Directions to make nimmakaya pulihara :
- To prepare a very tasty and easy nimmakaya pulihara first you need to gather 2 or 3 lemon, 4 cups of rice (not too cooked), green chili, dry red chili, curry leaves, ground nuts, pulses.
- Take a bowl and add the 4 cups of rice into the bowl, then add required amount of salt into the rice.
- Then clean the lemons and cut them into half, the squeeze the lemon juice from them.
- The lemon juice should be added to the rice and mix it until the lemon juice and salt are spread evenly.
- Then slice the green chili into two halves each and cut the dry red chili into two to three pieces.
- Now, take one more utensil and pour oil into it, let the oil heat.
- After the oil heats, add mustard, green chili, dry red chili, ground nuts, pulses and curry leaves into the heated oil.
- Let the mixture fry for a minute or two.
- Then add a little bit of turmeric powder into the mixture.
- After mixture is ready, add this mixture to the rice.
- Mix the rice properly with the added oil mixture.
- Your tasty and easy nimmakaya pulihara is ready to eat.
Note: Nimmakaya pulihara is a very easy recipe to make when you don’t have much time to prepare breakfast. You can also add some khaju along with ground nuts for taste.
About: Nimmakaya pulihara is a very healthy food as it consists of lemon, which is very rich in vitamin C. Lemon is considered to have the properties to keep our digestive system clean. And the rice which is rich in carbohydrates adds strength.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course