Tried and Tested Recipes – Granny's Secret
January 20, 2015
Serving Size: 4-6
- Rice flour – 2 cups
- Split roasted fried gram ( pottukadalai ) – ½ cup
- Cumin seeds / Jeera – 2 tsp
- Hing – ¼ tsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the fried gram and grind it to fine pwd.
- Sieve both rice flour and roasted gram flour together.
- Take the flours in a mixing
- Add salt, cumin seeds, hing, butter and mix well.
- Add warm water little by little and knead to smooth soft dough.
- Keep ready the Murukku mould.
- Grease it with oil.
- Make out enough balls from the dough and fill it in the murukku press
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Squeeze out the murukku over a greased ladle and drop them gently into the hot oil. ( or you can also directly press into oil )
- Once you drop the murukku, turn the flame to medium.
- Deep fry on both sides until the oil stops bubbling and the murukku turn golden brown and crispy from both sides. ( make sure to keep the heat in medium-high, otherwise murukku won’t come out crunchy )
- You might need to flip the murukku for even browning.
- Drain in tissue and cool down completely.
- Crispy, crunchy Fried gram Murukku ready to taste.
Related recipes you might be interested
- Ragi Murukku Serving Size: 4
Ragi Flour - 2 cups
Rice Flour - 1 cup
Pottukadalai Flour - 1/2 cup
Butter or Ghee - 3 teaspoons
White Til Seeds - 1 tablespoon
Red Chilli […]
- Pakkavada Serving Size: 2-4
Besan / Gram flour 2 cup
Rice flour 1 cup
Oil 1 Tbsp
Baking soda ½ Tsp
Asafoetida 1 Tsp
Chilly pdr 2 Tsp
Curry leaves […]
- Finger Biscuits Fried Serving Size: 4
Refined flour (maida)-3 1/2 cups
Powdered sugar-3/4 cup
Soda bicarbonate-1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Jackfruit Pancake Fresh and delicious pancake prepared from healthy rice flour and juicy Jackfruit is an all time favorite during my younger days.Jackfruit is rich in dietary fiber, which makes it a good […]
- Quick and Easy Recipes |10 Minute Recipes Do you like your meal before you with minimal fuss and less time. Here are 10, ten minute Quick and Easy Recipes for you and these recipes range from drinks, achar, sweet and snack.
- Parsi fish Sas or Saas ni Machchi Serving Size: 6
1 tbsp cumin seeds
10 cloves garlic
3 – 4 green chillies
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 big onions chopped finely
6 fillets fish – works best […]
- Quick Maida Appam Serving Size: 3-4
Maida (all purpose flour ) - 1 cup
Jaggery ( vellam/gur ) - 1 1/2 cups
Cardamon powder - 1 tsp
Scrapped coconut - 1/4 cup
Refined oil - 1 1/2 […]
- Prawns Cutlet or Prawns Vada Serving Size: 2-4
Shelled, deveined raw Prawns- 1 cup (You can cut the prawns to 2 or more pieces for easy grinding)
Grated Coconut- 1/2 cup
- Kutta Pulao Serving Size: 4
Thick Avalakki (Beaten flat rice) - 250 gm (ground to a coarse powder)
Oil - 8 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Channa dal & urad dal - 1 tsp […]
- Chicken Chilli Fry Serving size:4
1 kg boneless chicken
2 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp green chilli sauce
ajinomoto a pinch (optional)
salt according to taste
black pepper according […]
- Khajoor Ni Ghari / Date ghari Serving size: 12
Flour 2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)
Rice flour 2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)
Butter 250 Gram
Baking powder 2 Teaspoon
Salt 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Dates 500 Gram, stoned […]
- Rava Laddu Serving Size: 10-12 ladoos
Rava / Semolina - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - 25 gms
Milk - 25 ml
Cardamom powder - a pinch
Cashew nuts - 10 whole nuts
Raisins - […]