May 21, 2015
Serving size of Mulakkaya pachadi : 1 Small Jar
Ingredients used to prepare Mulakkaya pachadi
Drumstick – ¼ kg
Fenugreek powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Garlic – 3 (full)
Salt – 3-4 tbsps
Red chili powder – 3-4 tbsps
Lemon – 2
Popu ginjalu (pulses) – 1 tbsp
Mustard – ½ tbsp
Zeera – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 2-3 twigs
Directions to prepare mulakkaya pachadi:
- In order to prepare mulakkaya pachadi, you need to clean the drumstick and cut each drumstick into 3 to 4 pieces depending on the size of the drumstick.
- Let them dry for some time.
- After the drumstick pieces are dried, slightly deep fry them in oil. (until the drumstick pieces become soft but not too hard)
- When the drumstick pieces are done, add salt, chili powder, garlic cloves (peel the garlic and keep them ready for this step), turmeric powder and fenugreek powder and mix them properly.
- Then take a bowl and pour some oil into it, let the oil heat.
- After the heats, add popu ginjalu, mustard, zeera, curry leaves and fry them for 30 seconds and add the drumstick mixture to it and mix thoroughly.
- At the end, cut the lemon and squeeze the juice into the mixture.
- With this, the tasty and yummy Mulakkaya pachadi is ready to be served and eat too.
Note: Make sure that there is no water in the process of making of the pickle so that the pickle is not spoiled. Mulakkaya pachadi can be eaten with rice during lunch or dinner.
About: The whole drumstick plant is considered to be having medicinal value. Even the drumstick leaves are used in making curries and other snacks. Drumsticks can be used to make curry, sambar, dal etc.
Related recipes you might be interested