Mulakaya Vankaya Kura (Drumstick Brinjal Curry)
May 6, 2015
Serving size of mulakaya vankaya kura: 3
Ingredients for mulakaya vankaya kura
Brinjal – ¼ kg
Drumsticks – 2
Green Chili – 4
Onion – 2 medium
Garlic – 4/5 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – ½ tbsp
Oil – 3 – 4 tbsp
Directions for making mulakaya vankaya kura
- To prepare mulakaya vankaya kura, first you need to gather brinjal, drumsticks, onion and green chili.
- After gathering all the above, wash the brinjal, drumsticks, onion and green chili.
- Cut the brinjal (and put them in salt water so that they won’t turn bitter) and drumsticks into small pieces, and then cut the onions and green chilies also into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat.
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses and let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chili into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color. Then add the ¼ table spoon of turmeric powder.
- Then add the already cut brinjal pieces and drumstick pieces and let them cook for five to eight minutes.
- Once the brinjal and drumsticks are done cooking, put required amount of salt, and red chili powder, ginger garlic paste and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- The mulakaya vankaya kura is now ready to be served hot with rice.
Notes: Mulakaya vankaya kura is served with rice during lunch or dinner.
About: Brinjal is good for diabetic patients and is also a good source for fiber content. It is also considered to help in keeping away from cancer. And the whole drumstick plant is considered to be having medicinal value.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course