Ashwani R, September 15, 2015
Serving size of Menthikura Pachadi :
Ingredients required to prepare Menthikura Pachadi :
Fenugreek leaves – ¼ kg
Green chilies – 5
Tamarind – 11/2 tbsp
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Mustard – ½ tbsp
Garlic cloves – 5 -6
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Pulses (Popuginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Dry red chilies – 2
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Oil – 4-5 tbsps
Salt – required amount
Directions to prepare Menthikura Pachadi :
1. First you have to wash the fenugreek leaves thoroughly so that no sand is present, there is no need to cut the leaves into pieces. Let the water drain.
2. Then take green chilies and clean them too.
3. Now take a bowl, pour 3 tbsps of oil and let it heat
4. After the oil heats, add the green chili to the oil and fry them lightly.
5. After the chili is fried, transfer them to mixer jar, and add the fenugreek leaves to the bowl, and fry them too for two to three minutes.
6. When the fenugreek leaves are fried, turn off the stove and let them cool.
7. Now add the cooled leaves along with salt, little jeera, tamarind, garlic cloves, into a mixer jar and mix them lightly.
8. After the mixture is ready, take a bowl and add 2-3 tbsps of oil and let it heat.
9. After the oil is heated add the pulses (popuginjalu), garlic cloves, jeera, mustard, curry leaves, red chilies, turmeric powder and let them fry for a minute.
10. Add the fenugreek leaves mixture into the oil and mix them.
11. Your tasty and healthy menthikura pachadi is ready to taste.
Note: Menthikura pachadi can be served in combination with breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is very good when consumed with dosa and idly.
About: Fenugreek is commonly found in most of the houses. It is also considered to be very healthy.