Mamidikaya Pulihara or Raw Mango Rice
May 5, 2015
Serving size of mamidikaya pulihara
Ingredients for preparing mamidikaya pulihara
Cooked rice – 4 cups
Raw Mango – 1
Green chili – 5
Dry red chili – 3 or 4
Groundnuts – 2 tbsp
Mustard – ½ tbsp
Pulses (Popuginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Directions to make mamidikaya pulihara :
- To prepare a very tasty mamidikaya pulihara first you need to gather 4 cups of rice (not too cooked), raw mango, green chili, dry red chili, curry leaves, ground nuts, and pulses.
- Take a bowl and add the 4 cups of rice into the bowl, then add required amount of salt into the rice.
- Clean the raw mango and peel the skin.
- Then grate the raw mango
- Add the grated raw mango to the rice and mix it along with the rice until it is mixed evenly.
- Then slice the green chili into two halves each and cut the dry red chili into two to three pieces.
- Now, take one more utensil and pour oil into it, let the oil heat.
- After the oil heats, add mustard, green chili, dry red chili, ground nuts, pulses and curry leaves into the heated oil.
- Let the mixture fry for a minute or two.
- Then add a little bit of turmeric powder into the mixture.
- After mixture is ready, add this mixture to the rice.
- Mix the rice properly with the added oil mixture.
- Your tasty mamidikaya pulihara is ready to eat.
Note: You can also add some khaju along with ground nuts for taste.
About: Mamidikaya pulihara consists of mango, the king of fruits. It is also a good source of dietary fibers. And the rice which is rich in carbohydrates adds strength.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course