Kobbari Vepudu or Coconut fry
May 3, 2015
Serving size of Kobbari Vepudu : 4
Ingredients for Kobbari vepudu
Coconut – 1
Green Chilli – 4
Garlic – 6 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Dry red chilli – 3
Curry leaves – 2 tbsp
Oil – 2 – 3 tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Directions for making Kobbari vepudu
- To make a very tempting kobbari vepudu you need a nicely ripe coconut.
- Break open the coconut and separate the coconut from the shell.
- Then grate the coconut nicely.
- After grating the coconut, take a utensil and pour 5 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses and let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced green chili into the already fried mixture in the utensil and add turmeric powder.
- After this, add the already grated coconut and let them fry until the coconut turns slight coppery color.
- Once the grated coconut are fried properly, put required amount of salt, ½ table spoons of red chili powder, and ¼ table spoons of coriander powder and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it fry for 2 more minutes.
- The crispy and tasty kobbari vepudu is ready to be served.
Notes: Kobbari vepudu is served with rice during lunch or dinner along with rasam.
About: Coconut is considered to improve one’s clarity of mind and well being. The coconut water, coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut flour, everything has numerous health benefits. Coconut water is also considered to be natural saline. Hence, coconut becomes a very important part of diet.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course