Kandipappu Kura (Red gram curry)
June 20, 2015
Serving size of Kandipappu kura: 5
Ingredients for Kandipappu kura
Red gram – ¼ kg
Green Chilli – 4
Garlic – 4/5 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 – 4 tbsp
Red dry chili
Directions for making Kandipappu kura
- To prepare famous kandipappu kura, first you need to gather red grams and green chilli.
- After gathering all the above, wash the red grams and soak them in water.
- Then wash the green chilli and cut them pieces.
- After soaking the red grams, pour more than double the amount of water to the quantity of red grams and boil them for about 20 minutes.
- Then add required amount of salt and red chili powder into the boiled red grams and mix it.
- Then take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put green chili, some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses, dry red chili, turmeric powder and let them fry for half a minute.
- Now, add the boiled red gram mixture into the oil and mix it properly.
- The tasty kandipappu curry is ready to be served.
Notes: Kandipappu curry is served with rice during lunch or dinner. It can also be taken with chapati. Kandipappu is one of the very famous recipes in Andhra.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course