Dosakaya Tomato Kura (Cucumber tomato curry)
April 22, 2015
Serving size of Dosakaya Tomato Kura
Dosakaya Tomato Kura
Ingredients for Dosakaya Tomato Kura
Cucumber – ½ kg
Tomato – ¼ kg.
Green Chilli – 4
Onion – 2 medium
Garlic – 4/5 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 – 4 tbsp
Directions for making Dosakaya Tomato Kura
- To prepare dosakaya tomato curry, first you need to gather cucumber, tomato, onion and green chilli.
- After gathering all the above, peel the cucumber and wash it along with tomato, onion and green chilli.
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces, and then cut the tomatoes, onions and green chillies also into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses and let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chilli into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color.
- Then add the already cut cucumber pieces and let them cook for five minutes and add the tomatoes at the end.
- Once the cucumber and tomatoes are done cooking, put required amount of salt, and red chilli powder, and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- The tasty dosakaya tomato curry is ready to be served.
Notes: Dosakaya tomato curry is served with rice during lunch or dinner. It can also be taken with chapatti.
About: Cucumber is rich in water content and keeps you hydrated. It is also considered to help in keeping away from cancer.
You may also be interested in other Dosakaya recipes.
Dosakaya Pappu Kura (Cucumber Red gram curry)
Dosakaya Senagapappu Kura (Cucumber Bengal Gram Curry)
Dosakaya Mulakaya Kura or Cucumber Drumstick Curry
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course