Gummadikaya Kura (Pumpkin Curry)
June 20, 2015
Serving size of Gummadikaya Kura
Pumpkin – ½ kg
Onion – 2
Green Chili – 5 – 6
Garlic – 4-5 cloves
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Coriander leaves –
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Directions for making Gummadikaya Kura
- The first step in making a tasty gummadikaya kura is to select fresh and healthy country pumpkin.
- Then wash the pumpkin clean following onion and green chili as well.
- Then peel the pumpkin and cut it along with onions and green chilies into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ½ tbsp of mustard and 1 table spoon of pulses mixture into the heated oil, let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chili into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color.
- Then put the already cut pumpkin pieces into the utensil and let it be until the pumpkin are cooked.
- Once the pumpkin are done, add required amount of salt and red chili powder, ½ table spoon of coriander powder and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Before taking off the stove add some coriander leaves
- The mouth watering gummadikaya kura is ready.
Notes: Gummadikaya kura is served with rice during lunch or dinner and also with chapati.
About : Pumpkin is one of the vegetable which can be commonly seen in the households in villages. It is rich in fibre content and is used to make variety of mouth watering recipes.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course