Greens or Spinach in Curds
January 13, 2015
Serving Size for Greens or Spinach in Curds: 3-4
Ingredients for Greens or Spinach in Curds
- 1 Bunch of spinach
- 1 Handful of peanuts soaked in water
- Turmeric powder
- 1 Small piece of ginger
- 2-3 Garlic pods
- ½ cup Coconut
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 tsp Rice powder
- 1 tsp Gram flour (Besan)
- ½ tsp Sugar or sugarite
Tempering for Greens or Spinach in Curds:
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 Red chilli
- 1 tbsp Oil
Directions for Greens or Spinach in Curds:
- In a kadai, cook the peanuts till soft.
- In the meantime, blanch the spinach, run through cold water.
- Grind in the mixer coarsely. Add to the peanuts. 4. Grind coconut, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds and mix it with the spinach.
- Mix the gram flour and rice flour in little water and add to the mix.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and boil.
- Once it is cooked, add the beaten curd and allow to simmer for a minute. After adding the curd, do not boil.
- Finally temper with the ingredients mentioned and serve hot with rice or chapatti.
Dark leafy greens like spinach are important for skin and hair, bone health, and provide protein, iron, vitamins and minerals.
The possible health benefits of consuming spinach include improving blood glucose control in diabetics, lowering the risk of cancer, lowering blood pressure, improving bone health, lowering the risk of developing asthma and more.
Related recipes you might be interested
- Green Chill Curry Serving Size: 4-6
Ingredients for Green Chill Curry
2 cups of whole fresh green fat chillis – (slit and deep fry for 1-2 mins in hot oil and drain on kitchen paper and set […]
- Aloo Bhindi | How to make Aloo Bhindi Aloo Bhindi is a common side dish in North India.There are many ways to prepare Aloo bhindi. I have added the best and easy recipeof Aloo bhindi. Aloo bhindi can be used as a side dish for […]
- Karela Masala | Bitter Gourd Masala Recipe Karela masala or Bitter Gourd Masala or Masala Karela is a unique recipe with the taste of grated cauliflower simmered with rich masala.
Karela Masala Recipe | Bitter Gourd Masala […]
- Fried Papadoms and Vegetable Curry Serving Size of Fried Papadoms and Vegetable Curry: 4-6
Ingredients for Fried Papadoms and Vegetable Curry
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
5cm piece of […]
- Karivepaku Kobbari Rice or Coconut Curry Leaf Rice Serving size of karivepaku kobbari rice
Ingredients for preparing karivepaku kobbari rice
Cooked rice - 3 cups
- Bitter gourd tomato curry | Kakarakaya Tomato Kura Bitter gourd tomato curry or Kakarakaya Tomato Kura is a nice dish that can be served with rice, bread, rotis or chapatis. Bitter melon is a vegetable with low calories but with high […]
- Vegetable String Hoppers Serving Size: 4
25 string hoppers or Angel Hair Vermicelli rice noodles, cooked, cooled & cut into short noodles.
1/2 medium-sized onion, cut fine sliced
2 tbsp […]
- Amti Dal recipe – A Maharashtrian Dal recipe Amti Dal Recipe
Amti is a simple Maharashtrian dal recipe. It typical of its sour and slight sweetness. Kala masal or ghoda masala is one of the ingredient for the prepration of Amti […]
- Russian Salad Sandwich recipe | step by step instructions Russian salad sandwich is a pure vegetarian sandwich. It is a cold sandwich. Russian Salad Sandwich an apt snack during the summer. To ensure the pure taste of the Russian sandwich add […]
- Date Short Bread Date Short Bread recipe serving size: 4
Ingredients for Date Short Bread:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 box dates, cut […]
- Cabbage Pachadi Serving size of Cabbage Pachadi:1 cup
Ingredients for Cabbage Pachadi:
1. Cabbage - 1/2 (finely chopped)
2. Green Chillies - 10
3. Oil - 5 tbl spoons
4. Cumin Seeds - 1 tbl […]
- Green Chutney Serving Size of Green Chutney: 1.5 cups
Ingredients for Green Chutney
5 cups fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/2 small onion, coarsely chopped – […]