Goruchikkudukaya Vepudu or Cluster Beans Fry
May 3, 2015
Serving size of Goruchikkudukaya Vepudu
Ingredients for Goruchikkudukaya Vepudu
Cluster beans – ¼ kg
Green Chilli – 6
Onion – 1 medium
Garlic – 6 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Dry red chilli – 3
Curry leaves – 2 twigs
Oil – 3 tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Directions for making Goruchikkudukaya vepudu
- Select fresh cluster beans, onion and green chili and wash them in clean water
- Cut/break each cluster beans into 5 – 6 pieces after removing the ends, and then cut the onions and green chilies into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 5 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses and let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chili into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color and add turmeric powder.
- After this, add the already cut cluster beans and let them fry for ten minutes.
- Once the cluster beans are fried properly, put required amount of salt, 1 table spoons of red chilli powder, and ½ table spoon of coriander powder and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it fry for 2 – 3 more minutes.
- The yummy goruchikkudukaya vepudu is ready to be served.
Notes: Goruhikkudukaya vepudu is served with rice during lunch or dinner and also with Chapati. It tastes good in combination with rasam.
About: Cluster beans are one of the very commonly used vegetables in Andhra and often found in the kitchen gardens of almost all the houses. Though it is not liked very much by many, it is actually a very healthy vegetable, as they are considered to be having highest fiber content among all vegetables.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course