Gobi Masala |Cauliflower Masala
July 6, 2016
Cauliflower Masala or Gobi Masala can be served as a side dish along with Rice or Chapati. This recipe incorporates the true taste and aroma of the Great Indian spices.
Recipe type: Side
- Cauliflower 500 gms
- Tomatoes 2(medium size)
- Chilli powder 3 level teaspoons
- Coriander powder 1 tsps
- Small onions 5
- Cumin seed ½ tsp
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Onions 2 big
- Cinnamon 1" piece
- Cloves 3.
- Cardamom 3
- Cooking oil 2 tbsps
- Garlic : 8 flakes
- Ginger ½ Inch piece
- For preparing Gobi Masala first Separate and cut the cauliflower to your desired size Wash it and keep aside.
- Slice the big onions and tomatoes into thin pieces.
- He the oil in a cooking pan and fry well Cinnamon,Cloves and Cardamom .
- Add the onion pieces and fry till nearly golden brown.
- Mix the ginger garlic paste in salt water and add it to the onion and fry till the aroma comes.
- Add the ground masala paste and fry well till the masla separates from the oil.
- Toss in the tomato and fry till it is soft.
- Add the cauliflower and mix well and bring it to boil in enough of water or coconut milk taken from 1 cup of grated coconut. Let it simmer on slow fire till the gravy thickens.
- Serve with rice or chapathi.
This recipe can be extended by adding other ingredients you like. Aloo can be added to prepare Aloo Gobi masala. You can add capsicum to make Gobi capsicum or Gobi shimla mirch masala. You can prepare Gobi Masala in coconut milk. Ensure coconut milk is added last and then remove from flame immediately
Serving size: 1 Cup Calories: 164 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 4g Protein: 12g
Related recipes you might be interested
- Lasooni Gobhi recipe | How to prepare Lasuni Gobi Lasooni gobi is one of my favorite side dish. I particularly like the taste of the garlic in the dish. I came across this dish while I was out for lunch in an Indian restaurant Junoon in […]
- Boondi Raita | Step by step Boondi Raita recipe Raita ( Boondi Raita ) is an condiment that are popular in India, Bengladesh and Pakisthan. One of the main ingredient is Dahi or curd. There can be any additives to raita like cooked or […]
- Aloo Chana Masala | Aloo Chole recipe Aloo Chana Masala is a Punjabi recipe made from white chickpea blended with Indian spices, cooked in spicy grevy and served with either hot Pooris or Bhature. A must try recipe to know the […]
- Kadai Paneer
Kadai paneer is a slightly spicy and tangy gravy mix of cottage cheese which is mostly cooked with farm fresh tomatoes, freshly ground coriander and dry ground red chilies in a Pan […]
- Matar Paneer Masala | Matar Paneer Recipe Indian dishes are considered as one of the most delicious and palatable cuisines on a global level. The blend of spices and the concoction of vegetables and their combination is certainly […]
- Soya Masala Fry Serving size off Soya Masala Fry
Ingredients to prepare Soya Masala Fry
Cooked soya chunks : 1 cup
Onion : cut in two long pieces 2
Oil : quarter cup
Chili powder : […]
- Bhindi masala | Vendakka masala Bhindi Masala or Okra( lady fingers ) Masala is one of the most popular and tasty bhindi recipe. Bhindi or Okra is stir fried in a tangy paste of Tomato, ginger and grarlic, seasoned in […]
- Banana Pancake |How to make Healthy Banana Pancake An easy recipe for Kids who hate the regular foods. Banana Pancake is nutritious and easy to cook too. This sweet and fluffy Banana pancake is a perfect way to start your morning or can […]
- Achari Paneer | How to make Achari Paneer
Paneer dishes are good if the preparation is rich and bit spicy. Achari recipe is a great paneer dish where a blend of spices mixed in slightly sour curd which give a rich taste. […]
- Masala Khakhra | How to make Masala Khakhra Masala Khakhra | How to make Masala Khakhra: Masala Khakhra is a Gujarati delicacy.You can make Masala Khakhras and store in an air tight container and can have them for your late night […]
- Paneer Makhani recipe | How to prepare Paneer Makhni Batons of paneer or Indian cottage cheese simmered in satin smooth tomato gravy accentuated with aromatic kasoori methi. Paneer Makhani is a rich dish with a dash of cashew(optional) and […]
- Bhindi Do Pyaza | Bhindi Do Pyaza recipe Bhindi Do Pyaza or Dopiaza in persian means two onions. Onion is added both while cooking and even garnishing. Dopiaza this can be prepared with Meat, Paneer or mushroom or for the sake […]
,Meal / course