Fried Liver recipe
January 10, 2015
Serving Size: 3-4
Ingredients for Fried Liver recipe:
- 1 lb of Beef Liver
- 1 Onion, large, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ cup Shortening or Oil for frying.
Directions for Fried Liver recipe:
- Place liver in a colander and drain.
- Carefully spread liver pieces out in a pan, set aside.
- Remove ends and skin from onion. Slice to desired thickness.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add 2 Tablespoons butter.
- Add sliced onions to the skillet.
- Fry onions until translucent & slightly brown, stirring as needed, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove onions from skillet, set aside.
- Set up a dredge station by placing flour in a dish or bowl.
- Sprinkle liver with Salt, Black Pepper and Paprika to taste.
- Dredge liver pieces in flour, coating both sides. Shake off any excess and set aside.
- Add oil to skillet, let warm up for about 3 minutes.
- Place liver slices in skillet, brown the bottom for about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip liver slices over, let brown about 3 more minutes, do not over cook.
- You may cut a slice of the liver to test for doneness.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Tips for Fried Liver recipe:
- You may soak the liver slices in milk for about 20 minutes to help remove some of the taste of the liver if desired. Do this before proceeding with the recipe. You can also use the pan drippings to make a gravy. Place almost cooked slices and the onions back in the pan, cover and simmer together for about 15 minutes. Serve over rice or with a side of mashed potatoes.
Related recipes you might be interested
- Fried Fish with Stuffing Inside recipe Serving Size for Fried Fish with Stuffing Inside recipe: 4
Ingredients for Fried Fish with Stuffing Inside recipe:
4 mackerels, washed,cleaned and de-boned (Known as 'Banganda' in […]
- Fried Mackerel Without Bones recipe (English style) Serving Size of Fried Mackerel Without Bones recipe : 2-4
Ingredients Fried Mackerel Without Bones recipe:
4 mackerel fillets (leave the skin on but without the pin bone)
- Fried Meat Piralen Serving Size of Fried Meat Piralen: 6-8
Ingredients for Fried Meat Piralen:
Chicken - 1/2 kg
Chopped Onion - 3 Nos (medium sized)
Chopped Tomato - 1 Nos (Large sized)
Ginger , […]
- Fried Papadoms and Vegetable Curry Serving Size of Fried Papadoms and Vegetable Curry: 4-6
Ingredients for Fried Papadoms and Vegetable Curry
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
5cm piece of […]
- Fried Meat Stew Serving Size of Fried Meat Stew: 6-8
Ingredients for Fried Meat Stew:
1/4 cup Spiced Butter or unsalted butter
1 cup thinly sliced red onions
1 1/2 pounds hanger steak or beef […]
- Fried Meat Spicy and marinated mutton fried to have the most authentic taste along with farm fresh carrots and potatoes.
- Fish Brown Stew recipe Serving Size of Fish Brown Stew recipe: 2-4
Ingredients of Fish Brown Stew recipe:
2 lb. large fish (snapper, king fish, jack)
1 medium onion
Salt & Pepper
2 tablespoon […]
- Greek Meat Balls recipe Serving Size: 24-30 balls
1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork
1 large onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 […]
375g left over chicken or 4 cooked chicken joints
1 green pepper – halved, deseeded and shredded
1 cup button […]
- Fish Vindalu recipe Serving Size Fish Vindalu recipe: 4
Ingredients Fish Vindalu recipe:
1. 800g Firm Fleshed White Fish in bite sized pieces
2. 1 Cup/300ml Water or Fish Stock
3. 2 Small […]
- Crab Roast Kallu Shappu Style or Toddy Shop style Serving size of Crab Roast recipe: 4-6
Ingredients to prepare Crab Roast
Crab - One Kilo around 6 Crabs
Chilly powder - 4 Teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 4 Teaspoon
Garlic pods […]
- Beef Pot Roast Serving Size:10 servings
1 whole (4 To 5 Pounds) Chuck Roast
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 whole Onions
6 whole Carrots or potatoes or mix (Up To 8 nos)
Salt To […]