Tried and Tested Recipes – Granny's Secret
Drumstick Green Theeyal
October 9, 2014
Serving size: 2-4
- Drumstick – 2
- Shallots – 10
- Curry leaves – few
- Fenugreek -1/4 tbsp
- Coconut -1/2 shell grated
- Tamarind – 1 lemon size
- Coriander powder-1 tbsp
- Chilli powder -1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Mustard seed-1 tbsp
- Red chilli -2
- Salt to taste
- Fry the coconut with 2 shallots and fenugreek seeds. When it turns browns add turmeric powder,chilli powder and coriander powder.Fry till the raw smell goes.
- Grind this mixture with tamarind pulp water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add shallots,curry leaves ,drumstick , and salt.
- Saute well.Add the ground mixture in to it.
- Cook well till the raw smell goes.
- Heat oil in a pan.Splutter mustard seeds and fry curry leaves and red chilli.
- Add the seasoning in to curry.
- Drumstick Theeyal is ready to served with rice.
Related recipes you might be interested
- Cabbage Sooji Upma Serving size: 4
1. 2 cups Rava or Sooji or Rave
2. 1 and 1/2 cups finely chopped cabbage.
3. 2-3 green chillies.
4. 2 tsp Vangibath powder
5. 1/4 fresh finely grated […]
- Cabbage Pachadi Serving size of Cabbage Pachadi:1 cup
Ingredients for Cabbage Pachadi:
1. Cabbage - 1/2 (finely chopped)
2. Green Chillies - 10
3. Oil - 5 tbl spoons
4. Cumin Seeds - 1 tbl […]
- Bitter gourd (Karela) chutney | Karele ki chutney This karela chutney powder is fabulous in taste and can be used along with any main dish. The taste of peanut and sesame seeds really gives a magic touch to the chutney powder. Try this […]
- Tomato Dal Curry Serving size of Tomato Dal Curry : 7
Ingredients to prepare Tomato Dal Curry
Tomatoes -chopped 4 nos.
Toor Dal ½ cup
Small Onion / Shallot 3 nos.
- Mamidikaya Pulihara or Raw Mango Rice Serving size of mamidikaya pulihara
Ingredients for preparing mamidikaya pulihara
Cooked rice - 4 cups
Raw Mango - […]
- Combination of ada mangai and avakaya Ingredients:
Raw Mango – 1/2 kg
Green Chilly – 5-6
Salt to taste
Any cooking oil – tbsp (preferably gingelly oil or Nallenna)
Fenugreek seeds/Uluva – 1/4 tsp
Mustard – 1 […]
- Bitter Gourd (Pavakka) Theeyal Theeyal ( Pavakka theeyal ) in most cases is a single vegetable dish. This dish can be made of shallots, drumsticks or even shrimps. Theeyal is an integral part of a vegetarian sadya.
- Vadiyala Pulusu (Ash Gourd Fryums Stew) Serving size of Vadiyala pulusu :4
Ingredients required to prepare Vadiyala pulusu :
Fried urad dal vadiyams - 1 cup
Onion - 1
Tamarind - 30 gms
Water - 2 cups
Turmeric powder - […]
- Chakka Puzhukku or Chakka Pirattiyathu or Jack fruit Mash Serving size of Chakka Pirattiyathu :2
Ingredients of to prepare Chakka Pirattiyathu
Jackfruit unripe : 3 Cup Chopped
Turmeric powder -½ teaspoon
Salt : as per […]
- Chinthakaya Roti Pachadi (Tamarind Mortar Chutney) Serving size of Chinthakaya Roti Pachadi :5
Ingredients to make chinthakaya roti pachadi :
Raw tamarind - 6
Green chillis - 4
Jeera - 1 tbsp
Mustard - 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder - […]
- Vadukapuli Pickle (curry Lime) Serving Size: 2-4
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 8 tsp
Ginger - 4 tsp
Green chillies - 6 nos
Naranga/Vadakapuli( Cut in to small pieces) - 2
- Kobbari Vepudu or Coconut fry Serving size of Kobbari Vepudu : 4
Ingredients for Kobbari vepudu
Coconut - 1
Green Chilli - […]