Dosakaya Senagapappu Kura (Cucumber Bengal Gram Curry)
June 6, 2015
Serving size of Dosakaya senagapappu kura
Ingredients for Dosakaya senagapappu kura
Cucumber – ½ kg
Bengal gram – 1 cup.
Green Chilli – 4
Onion – 2 medium
Garlic – 4/5 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Salt – 1 1/2 tbsp
Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 – 4 tbsp
Directions for making dosakaya senagapappu kura
- To prepare dosakaya senagapappu kura, first you need to gather cucumber, bengal gram, onion and green chilli.
- The first step in making dosakaya senagapappu kura is to soak the bengal gram in water (this helps in reducing the time required for the bengral gram to cook).
- After some time, peel the cucumber and wash it along with onion and green chilli.
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces, and then cut the onions and green chillies also into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses and let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chilli into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color.
- Then add the already cut cucmber pieces and let them cook for five minutes and add the soaked bengal gram.
- Once the cucumber and bengal gram are done cooking, put required amount of salt, and 2 tbsps of red chilli powder, and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- The tasty dosakaya senagapappu kura is ready to be served.
Notes: Dosakaya senagapappu kura is served with rice during lunch or dinner. It can also be taken with chapatti.
About: Cucumber is rich in water content and keeps you hydrated. It is also considered to help in keeping away from cancer. Bengal gram is rich in proteins.
Related recipes you might be interested