Dondakaya Tomato Kura
April 22, 2015
Serving size of Dondakaya Tomato Kura or (Ivy gourd tomato curry) :3
Ingredients for Dondakaya Tomato Kura
Ivy gourd – ½ kg
Tomato – 4 medium sized
Green Chilli – 4
Onion – 2 medium
Garlic – 4/5 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 – 4 tbsp
Directions for making Dondaakaya Tomato Kura
- To prepare dondakaya tomato curry, first you need to gather ivy gourds, tomato, onion and green chilli.
- After gathering all the above, wash the ivy gourds along with tomato, onion and green chilli.
- Cut the ivy gourds into small tiny pieces (easy to cook in less time), and then cut the tomatoes, onions and green chillies also into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses and let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chilli into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color.
- Then add the already cut ivy gourd pieces and let them cook for ten minutes and add the tomatoes at the end.
- Once the ivy gourd pieces and tomatoes are done cooking, put required amount of salt, and red chilli powder, and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- The tasty dondakaya tomato curry is ready to be served.
Notes: Dondakaya tomato curry is served with rice during lunch or dinner. You may add little coriander powder if required.
About: Ivy gourd has a number of health benefits such as reducing blood sugar.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course