Dondakaya Palli Vepudu
April 22, 2015
Serving size of Dondakaya Palli Vepudu: 5
Ingredients for Dondakaya Palli Vepudu
Ivy gourd – ½ kg
Green Chilli – 6
Garlic – 6 cloves
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Dry red chilli – 5
Directions for making Dondakaya Palli Vepudu
- Select fresh ivy gourds and wash them in clean water (ivy gourds need to be cleaned properly)
- Then take few green chillies and clean them too.
- Cut each ivy gourd into long slices of four and then cut the green chillies also into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour oil into it (enough oil for deep fry), let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put the ivy fruit slices into the heated oil and let them fry deeply.
- Then, take out the slices from the oil and put them into a separate bowl.
- Take one more bowl and pour 3 table spoons of oil and let the oil heat.
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, 1 tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses, dry red chilli, some ground nuts and let them fry for a minute.
- After that, put the sliced green chilli into the already fried mixture in the utensil and add ½ table spoon of turmeric powder.
- After this, add the already fried ivy gourd slices and mix them well.
- Once everything is mixed properly, add required amount of salt, red chilli powder and 1 table spoon of coriander powder and once again mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it be for one more minute.
- The tasty and yummy dondakaya palli vepudu is ready to be served.
Notes: Dondakaya palli vepudu is served with rice during lunch or dinner, popular in combination with rasam. It may also be enjoyed with chapati
About: Ivy gourd has a number of health benefits such as reducing blood sugar.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course