Dondakaya Kobbari Kura (Ivy gourd(Coccinia grandis) coconut curry)
June 6, 2015
Serving size of Dondakaya Kobbari Kura
Ingredients for Dondakaya kobbari kura
Ivy gourd – ½ kg
Coconut (grated) – 3/4th cup
Green Chilli – 6
Garlic – 6 cloves
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Dry red chilli – 3
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Coriander leaves – few
Oil – 3 tbsps
Salt – 1 1/2 tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp
Directions for making Dondakaya kobbari kura
- Select fresh ivy gourds and wash them in clean water (ivy gourds need to be cleaned properly)
- Then take few green chilies and clean them too.
- Cut each ivy gourd into round pieces/or small pieces and then cut the green chilies also into small pieces.
- Take a bowl and pour 3 table spoons of oil and let the oil heat.
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, 1 tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses, dry red chili, and let them fry for a minute.
- After that, put the sliced green chili into the already fried mixture in the utensil and add ½ table spoon of turmeric powder.
- After this, add the already cut ivy gourd pieces and mix them well.
- Let the pieces cook well, after they are nearly cooked add the grated coconut into the bowl and cook for a minute or two.
- Once everything is mixed properly, add required amount of salt, red chilli powder and 1 table spoon of coriander powder and once again mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it be for one more minute.
- The healthy dondakaya kobbari kura is ready to be served.
Notes: Dondakaya kobbari kura is served with rice during lunch or dinner, in combination with rasam. It may also be enjoyed with chapati
About: Ivy gourd has a number of health benefits such as reducing blood sugar.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course