admin, July 13, 2014
Serving size:2 CUPS
1. Chick pea flour (Besan) – 1/3 cup
2. Water – 2 cups
3. Ginger paste – 1 tsp
4. Green chilli paste – 1 tsp
5. Onion -1 big (sliced)
6. Tomato – 1 chopped
7. Curry leaves – few
8. Coriander – few chopped finely
9. Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
11. Oil – 1tbsp
1. Mustard – 1/2 tsp
2. Urad dhal – 1 tsp
3. Channa dhal – 1 tsp
1. Heat oil in the pan; add mustard seeds, Urad dhal and Channa dhal. Once the mustard stop spluttering and dhal changes to golden brown color add onion and curry leaves.
2. When onion turns transparent add ginger and green chilli paste.
3. Now add tomato, turmeric and little salt.
4. Sauté till the tomato is mushy.
5. Now dilute the Besan with 2 cups of water using a whisk without any lumps.
6. Add the diluted Besan to the tomato mixture and stir occasionally.
7. After few minutes the Besan mixtures comes to rolling boil, and it starts to thicken. You should not find any trace of raw smell from the Besan at this time. When the desired consistency is reached (when it cools it thickens so it should not be too thick when it is hot) switch of the flame.
8. Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves.
9. Enjoy with your favorite South Indian Delicacies