May 5, 2015
Serving size of Chinthapandu Pulihara :2
Ingredients for preparing Chinthapandu Pulihara
Cooked rice – 4 cups
Tamarind paste – 4 tbsp approx (according to taste)
Green chili – 5
Dry red chili – 3 or 4
Groundnuts – 2 tbsp
Mustard – ½ tbsp
Pulses (Popuginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Directions to make Chinthapandu Pulihara :
- To prepare a very tasty chinthapandu pulihara first you need to gather 4 cups of rice (not too cooked), tamarind paste (either you can prepare or you even get it readymade), green chili, dry red chili, curry leaves, ground nuts, pulses.
- Take a bowl and add the 4 cups of rice into the bowl, then add required amount of salt into the rice.
- Then add the tamarind paste to the rice and mix it along with the rice until it is mixed evenly.
- Then slice the green chili into two halves each and cut the dry red chili into two to three pieces.
- Now, take one more utensil and pour oil into it, let the oil heat.
- After the oil heats, add mustard, green chili, dry red chili, ground nuts, pulses and curry leaves into the heated oil.
- Let the mixture fry for a minute or two.
- Then add a little bit of turmeric powder into the mixture.
- After mixture is ready, add this mixture to the rice.
- Mix the rice properly with the added oil mixture.
- Your tasty chinthapandu pulihara is ready to eat.
Note: Chinthapandu pulihara is a very easy recipe to make when you don’t have much time to prepare breakfast (Only if you have readymade tamarind paste). You can also add some khaju along with ground nuts for taste.
About: Chinthapandu pulihara consists of tamarind, which is very rich in dietary fiber. Tamarind is also considered to be an anti-oxidant and consists of various minerals. And the rice which is rich in carbohydrates adds strength.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course