Chinthachiguru Pachadi (Tender tamarind leaves chutney)
September 9, 2015
Serving size of chinthachiguru pachadi :6
Ingredients required to prepare Chinthachiguru Pachadi :
Tender tamarind leaves – 150 gms
Green chillies – 5
Tamarind – 1 tbsp
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Mustard – 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (Popuginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Dry red chilies – 3
Garlic cloves – 4
Oil – 2-4 tbsps
Salt – required amount
Directions to prepare tasty chinthachiguru pachadi :
– First step in making tasty chinthachiguru pachadi is to go pluck some tender tamarind leaves from a nearby tree (Only if you have one, otherwise you may need buy from vegetable market).
– Then wash the leaves with water to remove any traces of dirt and let it dry. Wash the green chilies also.
– Now take a bowl, pour 3 tbsps of oil and let it heat
– After the oil heats, add the green chili to the oil and fry them lightly.
– After the chili is fried, transfer them to mixer jar, and add the tender tamarind leaves to the bowl, and fry them for a minute.
– Now add the fried tender tamarind leaves along with salt, little jeera, tamarind, garlic cloves, into a mixer jar and grind them.
– After this, take the same bowl and add 2-3 tbsps of oil and let it heat.
– After the oil is heated add the pulses (popuginjalu), garlic cloves, jeera, mustard, curry leaves, red chilies, turmeric powder and let them fry for a minute.
– Add the tender tamarind leaves mixture into the oil and mix them.
– Your tasty and special chinthachiguru pachadi is ready to taste.
Note: You may add fenugreek powder to any kind chutney or pickle recipes. Chithachiguru pachadi like any other chutney is very tasty when consumed with hot rice.
About: As tamarind trees are in abundance in India, tender tamarind leaves can be included in your regularly as it has high iron, phosphorus and calcium contents.
Related recipes you might be interested Menthikura Pachadi (Fenugreek leaves chutney) Serving size of Menthikura Pachadi :
Ingredients required to prepare Menthikura Pachadi :
Fenugreek leaves - ¼ kg
Green chilies - 5
Tamarind - 11/2 tbsp
Jeera - 1 tbsp
Mustard - ½ […] Alugadda Pachadi Alugadda Pachadi (Potato Pickle)
Serving size of alugadda pachadi : Serves Few
Ingredients to make alugadda pachadi
Potatoes – […] Chinthakaya Roti Pachadi (Tamarind Mortar Chutney) Serving size of Chinthakaya Roti Pachadi :5
Ingredients to make chinthakaya roti pachadi :
Raw tamarind - 6
Green chillis - 4
Jeera - 1 tbsp
Mustard - 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder - […] Beetroot Pachadi | Beetroot Chutney Beetroot (for Beetroot Pachadi) comes from the root of the beet plant and has several benefits such as lowering blood pressure, improving blood flow and increasing strength. And lemon is […] Cabbage Pachadi (Cabbage Chutney) Serving size of cabbage pachadi : 3
Ingredients required to prepare cabbage pachadi
Cabbage - ¼ kg
Red chili powder […] Chukkakura Pachadi Chukkakura Pachadi (Red Amaranth leaves chutney)
Serving size of Chukkakura Pachadi :5
Ingredients required to prepare Chukkakura Pachadi
Red amaranth […] Cauliflower Pachadi (Cauliflower chutney)
Serving size of cauliflower pachadi :4
Ingredients required to prepare cauliflower pachadi
Cauliflower - ¼ kg
Red chili […] Boppayikaya Pachadi (Papaya Pachadi) Boppayikaya Pachadi (Papaya Pachadi)
Serving size of Boppayikaya pachadi : 4
Ingredients required to make Boppayikaya Pachadi :
Papaya - […] Chikkudukaya Pachadi (Broad beans pickle) Serving size of chikkudukaya pachadi: 3
Ingredients used to prepare chikkudukaya pachadi
Broad beans - ¼ kg
Fenugreek […] Bobbarla Pachadi (Cow Peas Pachadi) Ingredients used to prepare bobbarla pachadi
Cow peas - ¼ kg
Fenugreek powder - 1 […] Sorakaya Pulusu (Bottle gourd stew/gravy) Serving size of Sorakaya pulusu
Ingredients required to prepare Sorakaya pulusu
Bottle gourd - 250 gms
Onions - 2
Tamarind - 20 - 30 gms
Water - 2 cups
Red chili powder […] Bachalikura Pachadi Bachalikura Pachadi (Malabar Spinach leaves chutney)
Serving size of Bachalikura Pachadi: 5
Ingredients for Bachalikura Pachadi
Malabar spinach leaves - ½ […]
Meal / course