April 21, 2015
Serving size of Chikkudukaya Vepudu
Ingredients for Chikkudukaya Vepudu
Broad beans – ¼ kg
Green Chilli – 3
Onion – 1 medium
Garlic – 6 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Dry red chilli – 3
Directions for making Chikkudukaya vepudu
- Select fresh broad beans onion and green chilli and wash them in clean water
- Cut each braod beans into 3 – 4 pieces after removing the ends, and then cut the onions and green chillies into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 5 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses and let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chilli into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color and add turmeric powder.
- After this, add the already cut broad beans and let them fry for ten minutes.
- Once the broad beans are fried properly, put required amount of salt, 1 table spoons of red chilli powder, and ½ table spoon of coriander powder and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove the simmer position and let it fry for 2 – 3 more minutes.
- The yummy chikkudukaya fry is ready to be served.
Notes: Chikkudukaya vepudu is served with rice during lunch or dinner and also with Chapati
About: Broad beans are one of the very commonly used vegetables in Andhra and often found in the kitchen gardens of almost all the houses.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course