Chikkudukaya Pachadi (Broad beans pickle)
May 20, 2015
Serving size of chikkudukaya pachadi: 3
Ingredients used to prepare chikkudukaya pachadi
Broad beans – ¼ kg
Fenugreek powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Garlic – 3 (full)
Salt – 3-4 tbsps
Red chili powder – 3-4 tbsps
Lemon – 2
Popu ginjalu (pulses) – 1 tbsp
Mustard – ½ tbsp
Zeera – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 2-3 twigs
Directions to prepare chikkudukaya pachadi:
- In order to prepare chikkudukaya pachadi, you need to clean the broad beans and cut the ends.
- Let them dry for some time.
- After the beans are dried, slightly deep fry them in oil. (until the beans become soft)
- When the beans are done, add salt, chili powder, garlic cloves (peel the garlic and keep them ready for this step), turmeric powder and fenugreek powder and mix them properly.
- Then take a bowl and pour some oil into it, let the oil heat.
- After the heats, add popu ginjalu, mustard, zeera, curry leaves and fry them for 30 seconds and add the beans mixture to it and mix thoroughly.
- At the end, cut the lemon and squeeze the juice into the mixture.
- With this, the tasty and yummy chikkudukaya pachadi is ready to be served and eat too.
Note: Make sure that there is no water in the process of making of the pickle so that the pickle is not spoiled. Chikkudukaya pachadi can be eaten with rice during lunch or dinner.
About: Broad beans are one of the very commonly used vegetables in Andhra and often found in the kitchen gardens of almost all the houses in andhra. This vegetable is also used in making curries and fries. It is rich in proteins and fiber which keeps us strong.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course