Tried and Tested Recipes – Granny's Secret
Chicken Fenugreek Curry / Methi Chicken
June 20, 2014
Serving size: 4
- Chicken – 1 lb (cut into bite size pieces)
- Fenugreek Leaves (Methi) – 1 bunch (about 2 cups)
- Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies – 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tblsp
- Tomatoes – 2 (pureed)
- Yogurt – 2 tblsp (beaten)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilly Powder – 3 tsp
- Corriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 3 tblsp
- Take a heavy bottomed pan, heat the oil and splutter the cumin and fennel seeds.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Fry for a minute till the raw smell vanishes.
- Add the chicken pieces, beaten yogurt and salt. Stir fry for few minutes.
- Add all the dry spice powders (corriander, cumin, chilly, turmeric and fennel powders).
- Add the tomato puree and required water. If you want a dry dish add very little water.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes till the oil seperates from the masala.
- Finally add the methi leaves and garam masala powder.
- Cook for a minute and switch off.
- Serve hot with roti, pulao, idli or white rice.
- Add other meat and make methi mutton, methi turkey etc.
- You can also add other greens and make spinach chicken, gongura chicken etc.
Related recipes you might be interested
- Chicken Pidi Serving size: 6
Rice flour-one kg
Grated coconut- one cup
Cumin seeds- one spoon
Garlic- 10 big, chopped
Coconut milk-one cup
Curry leaves-2 sprig
- Fried Meat Piralen Serving Size of Fried Meat Piralen: 6-8
Ingredients for Fried Meat Piralen:
Chicken - 1/2 kg
Chopped Onion - 3 Nos (medium sized)
Chopped Tomato - 1 Nos (Large sized)
Ginger , […]
- Toddy Shop Fish Curry or Shappu Meen curry Serving size of the recipe Shappu Meen curry: 5 to 6
Ingredients to prepare Shappu Meen curry
Fish,cut into medium sized pieces - 1/2 Kg
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Mustard seeds […]
- Methi Chicken – Chicken Curry with Fenugreek Serving Size: 4-6
1 kg chicken cut into bite sized pieces (I like to use pieces on the bone)
4 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
2 large onions sliced […]
- Chicken Stew Kerala style
Chicken Stew is an easy recipe that makes for a good side dish with Appam, palappam or Pathiri which is a popular breakfast fare in Kerala. Chicken and potatoes simmered in coconut […]
- Chicken Piralen with Tomato Chicken Paralen with Tomato recipe Serving size: 4
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Ingredients for preparing Chicken Paralen with Tomato
- Chicken Curry (Muslim Style) Serving size:4
5-7 tablespoon canola oil
2 small onions, thinly sliced
1 big red tomato sliced into 6 or 8
1-2 green chillies, depending on your spice […]
- Duck Masala Fry
Serving size: 6
Slightly roasted duck meat cut into small pieces ( I selected soft fleshy portion)
ginger paste – 1tsp
- Traditional Kerala Chicken Curry in Coconut Milk Chicken Curry in Coconut Milk is a typical Kerala orthodox dish prepared during EASTER for Breakfast. I
Ingredients for Chicken Curry in Coconut Milk
Chicken – 500g […]
- Fish Molee (Fish Curry in Coconut Milk) Serving Size: 4
Boneless and Skinless Fish fillets – 10 to 12 pieces (I have used King Fish and Tilapia)
Cinnamon Sticks (Patta) – 2 half inch pieces
- Fish Pada – Indian Fish Pickle Serving Size: 2-4
2 kg of Mackrels Or suitable Fish like Mullet , Snapper , Barramundi ,
Oil & Salt
- Fish Masala Pickle Serving Size: 1 jar
Seer Fish (Neyimeen) - 1/2 kg (chopped and cleaned)
Red Chilly Powder
Gingelly Oil - 4-5 tbl […]