Tried and Tested Recipes – Granny's Secret
Chicken Curry with Fried Coconuts / Varutharacha Kozhi Curry / Fried Coconut Chicken Curry
June 20, 2014
- Chicken – ½ kg (cut into medium pieces)
- Onion – 2 big
- Ginger garlic paste – 4 tsp
- Tomato – 2
- Chilly powder – 2 tsp
- coriander powder – 4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
To roast and grind:
- Coconut grated – ½ cup
- Dry red chilli – 4
- Fennel seeds (perumjeerakam) – ½ tsp
- Cardamom – 4
- Cloves – 4
- Cinnamon – a small piece
- Whole pepper – 1 tsp
- Small onion – 4
- Heat oil in a pan. Add curry leaves and sliced onions.
- Cook with the pan covered till onion turns golden brown. Give a stir in between.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add sliced tomato and cook till it turns soft
- Add chilli, coriander, turmeric powder and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook with the pan covered till chicken is cooked ( approx 20-25 min)
- In another pan heat oil and add all ingredients to roast and grind.
- Fry till the coconut turns golden brown. Remove from fire and let it cool. Grind the same well.
- Add little water to the ground masala and make it to a paste.
- Add it to the cooked chicken and cook on low flame for 6-8 mins. Remove from fire.
- Add 3 tsp of oil/ghee on the top and keep pan closed for some time. Serve hot.
Related recipes you might be interested
- Chicken Curry (Muslim Style) Serving size:4
5-7 tablespoon canola oil
2 small onions, thinly sliced
1 big red tomato sliced into 6 or 8
1-2 green chillies, depending on your spice […]
- Garlic Chicken Garlic chicken
Serving size of Garlic Chicken recipe :
Ingredients to prepare garlic chicken
Chicken : quarter kilo cut into small pieces
Salt : as […]
- Coconut Milk Cake Serving size of Coconut Milk Cake recipe: Makes 1 large layer cake
Ingredients to prepare Coconut Milk Cake:
For the Cake:
1+1/2 cups good-quality coconut milk (not […]
375g left over chicken or 4 cooked chicken joints
1 green pepper – halved, deseeded and shredded
1 cup button […]
- 35 Best Indian Chicken Recipes – Step by Step Indian Chicken curry has a good number of fan following in western countries. Unlike their bland counterparts in west, Indian chicken dishes are well known for its spiciness as well […]
- Crab Roast Kallu Shappu Style or Toddy Shop style Serving size of Crab Roast recipe: 4-6
Ingredients to prepare Crab Roast
Crab - One Kilo around 6 Crabs
Chilly powder - 4 Teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 4 Teaspoon
Garlic pods […]
- Home Made Fine and Healthy Chicken Burger for Kids Serving size of the Chicken Burger : 4
Ingredients to make Chicken Burger
Minced chicken : 2 cups
Ginger finely chopped : 2 small spoons
Garlic : six […]
- Pepper Chicken Peppery and nutty with a kick, this curry demonstrates the classic flavour pepper can bring to the dish.
- Vadiyala Pulusu (Ash Gourd Fryums Stew) Serving size of Vadiyala pulusu :4
Ingredients required to prepare Vadiyala pulusu :
Fried urad dal vadiyams - 1 cup
Onion - 1
Tamarind - 30 gms
Water - 2 cups
Turmeric powder - […]
- Chicken Samosa Serving size of Chicken Samosa : 6
Ingredients to prepare Chicken Samosa :
Butter : 2 big spoons
Onion 1 Small finely chopped
Butter Mushroom 12 cut into small […]
- Fried Meat Piralen Serving Size of Fried Meat Piralen: 6-8
Ingredients for Fried Meat Piralen:
Chicken - 1/2 kg
Chopped Onion - 3 Nos (medium sized)
Chopped Tomato - 1 Nos (Large sized)
Ginger , […]
- Dondakaya Kobbari Kura (Ivy gourd(Coccinia grandis) coconut curry) Serving size of Dondakaya Kobbari Kura
Ingredients for Dondakaya kobbari kura
Ivy gourd - ½ kg
Coconut (grated) […]