May 5, 2015
Serving size of chemagadda vepudu
Ingredients for making chemagadda vepudu
Colocasia – ¼ kg
Onion – 2
Green chili – 4
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Curry leaves – As per need
Coriander leaves – As per need
Dry red chili – 2
Garlic cloves – 5
Directions for making chemagadda vepudu
- The first step in making chemagadda vepudu is to take colocasia and boil them.
- After the colocasia are boiled, peel them off.
- Then cut the peeled colocasia into small pieces.
- Then take two onions and four green chilies, wash them and cut them into long and thin pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour required amount of oil into it. Let the oil heat.
- After the oil is heated enough add the 1 tbsp of pulses, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 5 smashed garlic cloves, curry leaves, dry red chili and fry for half a minute.
- After this, add the cut onion and green chili pieces into the utensil and let them fry for one minute and add turmeric powder.
- After the onions are fried properly, add the pieces of boiled colocasia.
- Then mix everything properly and add salt, red chili powder and coriander powder, mix again and cook for two to three more minutes in simmer position and add the coriander leaves at the end.
- The famous chemagadda vepudu is ready to be consumed for loads of energy.
Note: Chemagadda vepudu can be consumed with rice during lunch or dinner and is very tasty when combined with rasam.
About: Colocasia are root vegetables and are a rich source of starch. It improves digestion and lowers the blood sugar levels. It also consists of fiber, calcium and other minerals.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course