May 3, 2015
Serving size of Carrot vepudu :2
Ingredients for Carrot vepudu
Carrot – ¼ kg
Green Chilli – 3
Onion – 1 medium
Garlic – 6 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Dry red chilli – 3
Curry leaves – 2 Twigs
Oil – As per need
Salt – As per need
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Directions for making carrot vepudu
- Select fresh carrot roots, onion and green chilli and wash them in clean water
- Cut each carrot into small pieces after peeling with the help of a peeler (you don’t have to peel very neatly), you have to remove the head and tail parts.
- Then cut the onions and green chillies into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 5 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses and let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chilli into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color and add turmeric powder.
- After this, add the already cut carrot pieces and let them fry for ten minutes.
- Once the carrot pieces are fried properly, put required amount of salt, 1 table spoons of red chilli powder, and ½ table spoon of coriander powder and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it fry for 2 – 3 more minutes.
- The carrot vepudu is ready to be served.
Notes: Carrot vepudu is served with rice during lunch or dinner and also with Chapati
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course