Cabbage Pappu Kura (Cabbage and Red gram Curry)
July 6, 2015
Serving size of Cabbage Pappu Kura : 3
Ingredients for Cabbage Pappu Kura
Red gram – ¼ kg
Cabbage – 100 gms
Onion – 1
Green Chilli – 4
Garlic – 4/5 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 – 4 tbsp
Red dry chili
Directions for making Cabbage Pappu Kura
- To prepare cabbage pappu kura, you require cabbage, red grams, onion and green chili.
- After you have required vegetables, wash the red grams and soak them in water.
- Then wash the cabbage, onion, green chili and cut those into pieces.
- After soaking the red grams, pour more than double the amount of water to the quantity of red grams and boil them for about 20 minutes.
- Add the cut cabbage, onion into the red grams and let it boil for some time.
- Then add required amount of salt and red chili powder into the boiled red grams, and cabbage and mix it.
- Then take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put green chili, some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses, dry red chili, turmeric powder and let them fry for half a minute.
- Now, add the boiled red gram and cabbage mixture into the oil and mix it properly.
- The famous Andhra cabbage pappu is ready to be served.
Notes: Cabbage pappu kura is served with rice during lunch or dinner.
About: Cabbage is said to have anti-cancerous properties. It is also considered good for weight loss as it has very low calorie content. It is also rich in fibers.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course