Birakaya Pottu Pachadi (Ridge gourd skin chutney)
September 5, 2015
Serving size of Birakaya Pottu Pachadi
Ingredients to prepare Birakaya Pottu Pachadi
Ridge gourd – 4
Green chilies – 4
Tamarind – 1 tbsp
Dry red chilies – 2
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Mustard – 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tbsp
Garlic cloves – 5
Pulses (Popuginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Oil – 4 tbsps
Salt – required amount
Directions to make Birakaya Pottu Pachadi
- First you need to clean the ridge gourd thoroughly and peel the skin off.
- Collect the skin into a bowl and then it dry, then wash the green chilies too.
- Now take a bowl, pour 3 tbsps of oil and let it heat
- After the oil heats, add the green chili to the oil and fry them lightly.
- After the chili is fried, transfer them to mixer jar, and add the ridge gourd skin to the bowl, and fry them too for two minutes.
- Once the skin is fried enough let it cool.
- Now add the cooled ridge gourd skin along with , salt, little jeera, tamarind, garlic cloves, into a mixer jar and mix them lightly.
- After this, take a bowl and add 2-3 tbsps of oil and let it heat.
- After the oil is heated add the pulses (popuginjalu), garlic cloves, jeera, mustard, curry leaves, red chilies, turmeric powder and let them fry for a minute.
- Add the ridge gourd skin mixture onto the oil and mix them.
- Your tasty and special birakaya pottu pachadi is ready to taste.
Note: Birakaya pottu pachadi can be served with breakfast, lunch and dinner. With this kind of recipes, we make sure that nothing is wasted from the vegetables and that even the skin of the vegetables has many nutrients.
About: Ridge gourd is one of the very commonly used vegetables in Andhra and often found in the kitchen gardens of almost all the houses. It is rich in fibre content which adds strength. It is also very high in water content.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course