admin, September 2, 2015
Serving size of Bendakaya Pachadi :
Ingredients to prepare Bendakaya Pachadi :
Lady’s finger – 250 gms
Onions – 2
Green chillies – 6
Tamarind – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tbsp
Mustard – 1/2 tbsp
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Dry red chillies – 3
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Salt – required amount
Oil – 4-5 tbsps
Directions to prepare bendakaya pachadi :
1. The first step in making bendakaya pachadi is to select tender lady’s finders and clean them with water. Then wipe them with a dry cloth and cut into pieces.
2. Then clean the onions and green chilies.
3. Take a bowl and add oil into it. Let the oil heat.
4. Then add green chilies into the oil and fry them for a minute.
5. After the chilies are fried, transfer them to a mixer jar,, and add onions and lady’s finger pieces to the bowl and fry them too for 2 minutes.
6. Transfer this mixture also to the mixer jar and add salt, little jeera, tamarind and mix them.
7. After the mixture is ready, take a bowl and add 2-3 tbsps of oil and let it heat.
8. After the oil is heated add the pulses (popuginjalu), garlic cloves, jeera, mustard, curry leaves, red chilies, turmeric powder and let them fry for a minute.
9. Then add the bendakaya and onion pieces mixture onto the oil and mix them.
10. Your tasty and yummy bendakaya pachadi is ready to taste.
Note: Bendakaya pachadi is an excellent combination for lunch with hot rice. However, this may also be consumed with breakfast and dinner.
About: Lady’s finger one of the very commonly used vegetables in Andhra and often found in the kitchen gardens of almost all the houses. It is rich in fibre content which adds strength to our body. It is also considered to improve our memory power.