May 3, 2015
Serving size of Beetroot vepudu: 2
Ingredients for Beetroot vepudu
Beetroot – ¼ kg
Green Chilli – 3
Onion – 1 medium
Garlic – 6 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Dry red chilli – 3
Curry leaves – 2 twigs
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3-4 tbsp
Directions for making beetroot vepudu
- Select fresh beetroot, onion and green chilli and wash them in clean water
- Cut each beetroot into small pieces after peeling with the help of a peeler (you don’t have to peel very neatly), and then cut the onions and green chillies into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 5 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses and let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chilli into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color and add turmeric powder.
- After this, add the already cut beetroot pieces and let them fry for ten minutes.
- Once the beetroot pieces are fried properly, put required amount of salt, 1 table spoons of red chilli powder, and ½ table spoon of coriander powder and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove in simmer position and let it fry for 2 – 3 more minutes.
- The beetroot vepudu is ready to be served.
Notes: Beetroot vepudu is served with rice during lunch or dinner and also with Chapati
About: Beetroot comes from the root of the beet plant and has several benefits such as lowering blood pressure, improving blood flow and increasing strength.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course