Beetroot Pachadi | Beetroot Chutney
May 16, 2015
Beetroot (for Beetroot Pachadi) comes from the root of the beet plant and has several benefits such as lowering blood pressure, improving blood flow and increasing strength. And lemon is a fruit from citrus family which is rich in vitamin C. So, the beetroot chutney not only is tasty but also comes with various healthy benefits.
Beetroot Pachadi (Beetroot Chutney)
Recipe type: Side Dish
- Beetroot - ¼ kg
- Red chili powder - 3 tbsp
- Mustard - ¼ tbsp
- Fenugreek powder - ½ tbsp
- Oil - 3-4 tbsp
- Garlic - 8 cloves
- Salt - 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 2 – 3 twigs
- Zeera - 1 tbsp
- Popu ginjalu (pulses) - 1 tbsp
- Dry red chili - 3
- Lemon - 2
- First you need to wash the beetroot in water and wipe them with a clean cloth.
- After that, cut the beetroot into very small pieces and put them into a bowl.
- After that, take other ingredients such as red chili powder, fenugreek powder, salt and garlic cloves and add them to the bowl of beetroot pieces
- After the beetroot pieces are mixed properly with the powder.
- Take a bowl and pour 3 to 4 tbsps of oil into that. Let the oil heat.
- After the oil is heated, add 1 tbsp of popu ginjalu, 3 dry red chili, curry leaves, mustard into the oil and let them fry for around seconds and add the beetroot pieces mixture into the oil. Then off the stove and your chutney is almost ready.
- Let the chutney cool for some time. Then, cut the lemon and squeeze the lemon juice into the beetroot chutney. Mix the chutney properly.
- Your tasty beetroot pachadi is ready to eat.
- Please note that you can even use tamarind instead lemon for the taste. beetroot chutney can be eaten with rice or chapatti.
Please note that you can even use tamarind instead lemon for the taste. Beetroot chutney can be eaten with rice or chapatti.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course