1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×13″ baking pan or two 9″ layer cake pans.
2. Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Sift flour several times, then add the salt and baking powder to the flour.
3. To the creamed butter mixture, add the milk and flour (alternating, beginning and ending with flour).
4. Add vanilla and mashed bananas (with the baking soda added to the bananas) to this mixture.
5. Bake layer cakes (9″) for 25-30 minutes, oblong (9×13″) for 35-40 minutes.
1. Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth, add sugar and vanilla and blend well. Spread on cooled cake.
1. One of the tricks for perfect banana cake is to use really ripe bananas – the sugar content increases as they ripen, making them sweeter, and of course they are softer and easier to mash so they break down more easily in the cake batter.
2. The baking soda in the recipe makes sure your banana cake comes out nice and light, and also breaks down the banana fully
Serving size: 4
2 1/2 oz butter
2 1/2 oz lard
2 oz caster sugar
6 oz plain flour
1oz cocoa (or drinking choc.)
1 1/2 oz […]
Carrot cookies Serving size: 13 cookies
1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour( Maida)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted […]
Serving Size: 9
4 eggs (separate yolks from whites) at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
150 g (1 cup) brown sugar
125 g (1 stick or ½ cup) […]
Cake with Jam on top OR Jam Cake Cake with jam on top
Serving size: 1 cake
1. 1 cup sugar
2. 1 cup jam (any fruit jam, we used seedless raspberry)
3. 1 cup buttermilk
4. 1 teaspoon baking […]
Coconut Short Bread Cookies Serving size of Coconut Short Bread Cookies recipe: 6 dozens
Ingredients of Coconut Short Bread Cookies:
1. 1 cup shredded coconut (75 Grams)
2. 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
3. 1 cup […]