August 27, 2015
Bachalikura Pachadi (Malabar Spinach leaves chutney)
Serving size of Bachalikura Pachadi: 5
Ingredients for Bachalikura Pachadi
Malabar spinach leaves – ½ kg
Onions – 2
Green chilies – 6
Dry Red chilies – 3
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Mustard – ½ tbsp
Tamarind – 2 tbsp
Garlic cloves – 5
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tbsp
Pulses (popuginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 twigs
Salt – required amount
Oil – 4-5 tbsps
Directions to prepare Bachalikura Pachadi
- First you have to wash the malabar spinach leaves thoroughly so that no sand is present and cut the leaves into pieces.
- Then take green chilies and onions and clean them too and cut the onions into medium size pieces.
- Now take a bowl, pour 3 tbsps of oil and let it heat
- After the oil heats, add the green chili to the oil and fry them lightly.
- After the chili is fried, transfer them to mixer jar, and add the malabar spinach leaves to the bowl, and fry them too for two to three minutes.
- Once the leaves are done let them cool.
- Now add the cooled leaves along with , salt, little jeera, tamarind, garlic cloves, into a mixer jar and mix them lightly.
- Then add the onion and mix them again.
- After the mixture is ready, take a bowl and add 2-3 tbsps of oil and let it heat.
- After the oil is heated add the pulses (popuginjalu), garlic cloves, jeera, mustard, curry leaves, red chilies, turmeric powder and let them fry for a minute.
- Pour this malabar leaves mixture onto the oil and mix them.
- Your tasty and yummy bachalakura pachadi is ready to taste.
Note: This can be served in combination with for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
About: Malabar spinach is commonly found in most of the houses and is rich in vitamins and minerals.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course