Bachalakura Pappu Kura (Malabar spinach and Red gram curry)
June 21, 2015
Serving size of Bachalakura Pappu Kura
Ingredients for Bachalakura Pappu Kura
Red gram – ¼ kg
Malabar spinach – 100 gms
Onion – 1
Green Chilli – 4
Garlic – 4/5 cloves
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 – 4 tbsp
Red dry chili
Directions for making bachalakura pappu kura
- To prepare bachalakura pappu kura, you require malabar spinach leaves, red grams, onion and green chili.
- After you have required vegetables, wash the red grams and soak them in water.
- Then wash the malabar spinach leaves, onion, green chili and cut those into pieces.
- After soaking the malabar spinach leaves, pour more than double the amount of water to the quantity of red grams and boil them for about 20 minutes.
- Add the cut malabar spinach leaves, onion into the red grams and let it boil for some time.
- Then add required amount of salt and red chili powder into the boiled red grams, and malabar spinach leaves and mix it.
- Then take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put green chili, some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 1 tbsp of pulses, dry red chili, turmeric powder and let them fry for half a minute.
- Now, add the boiled red gram and malabar spinach into the oil and mix it properly.
- The bachalakura pappu is ready to be served.
Notes: Bachalakura pappu kura is served with rice during lunch or dinner.
About: Malabar spinach is commonly found in most of the houses and is rich in vitamins and mineral.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course